Friday, March 2, 2012

Once upon a time, when I was a bad mom...

Ammon lost his sixth baby tooth yesterday and was super excited to get another dollar from the tooth fairy. He made sure that when he went to bed that he put it under his pillow pet on his bed. I knew right where it was and I knew that I needed to put the dollar in there in exchange for his tooth BEFORE I went to bed.
Anyway, as I lay sleeping at night not a thing disturbed me. I slept like a rock and woke up refreshed and ready to start my day. I exited my room after getting dressed and proceeded to walk to Ammon's room to get him up for school, and that's when it hit me.

"Oh, poop! The tooth fairy forgot to leave Ammon a dollar!"

Luckily, as fate would have it, there was a dollar bill sitting in the kitchen (that my wonderful husband had left for the tooth fairy to do her job). I grabbed the bill and sneaked into Ammon's room hoping he was still asleep.

"Oh, poop! He's awake!"

This is when Bad Mom turned into Very, Very Sneaky Tooth Fairy. I walked into his room, lights out. I said good morning to him and he said, "She just left my tooth." Of course while he was saying this to me I was trading a dollar for a tooth (and also feeling like a total jerk in need of a smashing). I simply said to him, "Oh, no!" I then walked over and turned on the light. He lifted up his pillow pet to show me that he had been forgotten about and wouldn't you know it, there was a dollar there. Another mom blunder had been thwarted. When he was surprised and asked me how she did it my only answer was that she was magic. He will probably believe in the tooth fairy for a couple more years and I'm okay with that.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Good save, mom! I can't tell you how many nights I've straight up forgotten - for days on end - to leave money. :(

Claudia said...

He's going to find out soon. Just think, I was glad to get a dime. I want to start loosing my teeth again.

ctarbet said...

Most of the moms I know I have forgotten at one time or another. My kids are actually surprised when she comes the first night! :) I once forgot for over a week (not kidding) and she ended up coming while the kids were at school (since that's when I remember things like that) and she left a note apologizing for the delay and said that she had been so busy lately that she was working days to try to catch up.

Clarissa Jane said...

good jorb!