Monday, February 13, 2012

Birthday Fun

I guess it's probably about time that I post about the kiddos birthdays. It's been three weeks since Hailey turned two and a week since Ammon turned seven.


Hailey's birthday was another small party (like her first) that was just us and Auntie Charlotte. She had a pink princess castle cake that I made myself, obviously. She got a little play kitchen that I scored off of Craigslist and her other gifts were scored off of Amazon.com (just like Christmas). She got her first Pillow Pet and a Sleeping Beauty Princess doll. She loves Sleeping Beauty and we aren't sure why, she's never seen the movie. Maybe it's the sparkles and the pink dress. I mean, what little girl doesn't like sparkles and pink?






Ammon got to invite friends from school this year and he had a blast! A few of his friends showed up and they had a good time playing in his room and having pizza and cake. I had several games planned though we ended up not needing any of them, it seems a boy's room and his toys are enough for a little boy birthday party.
His cake was also made by me and it was an idea that I totally have to give credit to my sister, Amber. She's the creative one and I am the creative pirate, no pun intended, as it was a pirate treasure chest. We didn't really have a theme idea for the party but since the cake was a treasure chest we made the party to a Pirates of the Caribbean party. Since Ammon (and I) love the movies it only seemed right. I think everyone had a great time, I know Ammon sure did!








The videos here are of the kids blowing out their candles and opening their presents, mainly for Grandma and Grandpa, but if you want to watch them you may.







 


1 comment:

Clarissa Jane said...

still wish we could have made it! i can't believe how big they are getting.
can't wait to see y'all.
love you! xoxo