Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Happenings

This year we were able to dress the kids up a couple of times again. It's always nice when they can wear the costumes multiple times for Halloween and then as dress up so we feel like we got our money's worth from the costume purchase. This year we had the Trunk-or-Treat at the church on Friday night. Our little cuties went as Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean and a blue butterfly.

Ammon was SO excited to wear his costume. He had been looking forward to it for quite some time.

Our beautiful blue butterfly has the most beautiful brown eyes.

This was our good together photo of them before the Trunk-or-Treat.


On Halloween night we got to pass out candy and also Daddy and I took turns taking the kids around the neighborhood.

This is what Captain Jack looks like without his hat.

Our babies were so excited to head out and get some treats.



Ammon decided that I needed a costume too so he painted my face like a black and white cat.  I don't know about you but I think he did a great job for his first makeup job. :)

After the kids were done collecting their booty we handed out the rest of our candy. Ammon was extremely enthusiastic about handing out candy and probably could have done it all night long.

I'm not one to brag about my children too often because I don't like to be "that mom" but I just have to tell you how incredibly sweet my little boy is. While we were passing out candy our candy bowl was running VERY low and it seemed as if we were going to run out long before the Trick-or-Treaters were finished for the evening. So, our little boy handed out all of the candy that he and his sister had collected from the Trunk-or-Treat and from that very night going around our neighborhood. The only thing he asked if he could keep was a Rice Crispy Treat that he had gotten. We told him he didn't have to hand out any of his candy and that we could just turn off the lights so kids stopped coming to the house but he wouldn't hear of it. He said, "No, I want to give my candy to the kids." There are many things in life that make me elated to be his mother and this is a prime example of how pleased I am of my little man's kind heart. I love that kid!

No candy in the house also means that I won't be eating any candy. I never buy candy unless it's Halloween so looks like we are in the clear for a long while.


Before I went to bed I decided to take some photos of Ammon's pumpkin. He designed and drew it himself and Daddy cut it out. I think he did an amazing job!

I hope everyone had a safe Halloween and that you had some great time with your friends, children and family.

3 comments:

The Sheffield's said...

what a sweet and talented boy. i love the face-paint and the pumpkin. and of course, little Hailey is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

such a sweet kid! love their costumes!

Clarissa Jane said...

silly me made a comment on facebook, but you're not on there...
what fun!!! your super cuties are so super cutie!! :)
love, love, love.
XOXO