Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Lost

Anyone that knows me knows that I'm not really a talker, I'm not one to brag nor am I one to complain (too often), if I'm sick I hide it and if I'm sad or upset I really hate crying.  Actually living inside my own head and being far away from family and friends allows me to do most of the above without actually having to see a reaction, which kind of makes things easier to say for me.

I've been feeling a lot lately like a child that's lost and wandering around trying to look for someone or something familiar but never can find exactly what or who she is looking for. I've felt like the forgotten one and the one that cries too much and the one who is alone. My life isn't falling apart. I'm in a loving marriage. I've got two gorgeous children. We are healthy and happy. I've got nothing to complain about. Yet, I find myself here, writing.

I've decided that I'm going to take a break from Facebook for a while, not from technology of course because I would die without the iWorld that exists in all of my Apple gadgets. I need to take a break from me, the me I have become recently and get back to the better me, the me that most of you know (and love?). Those of you who would like to can still read updates about us here on our blog (that will link to FB every time I post something) and it would be super nice if you commented or dropped an email once in a while to let me know how you're doing.

I feel sort of selfish because FB is the way I keep up with all of my friends. I know who is pregnant or who just had a baby. I know who just bought a house or sold a house. I know a hot chick who has the coolest farm on the East Coast that I totally want to go see someday. I've got good friends that recommend great books for me to read and also what movies I should see. I know an amazing woman who is very sick yet still finds time to take care of her three little children all by herself. I've known some of my friends (who happen to be on FB) since I was in the 4th grade (25 years ago!!!) but none before then because I can't remember names, just faces of the many kids I met before moving to VA. Some of my most cherished memories and laughs were shared by several of my friends. I love you guys.

I'm not leaving forever, just taking a hiatus.


I am not forgotten. You are not forgotten.

3 comments:

Alicia W said...

I don't know if this will help, but sometimes when I'm feeling sad and lonely, I try to go include others. Try and plan a get together, ask people over for a play date. Create something beautiful and give it away to someone else. Chances are, there is someone who needs you who lives close by. Good luck, people love you!

Anonymous said...

good for you! I know sometime especially with Facebook if people don't comment on my status etc I feel like no one likes me. I think this is one of Satan's many tools to make us feel like less than we should. I love the photo and quote at the bottom. Right now that is my all time favorite talk!

The Sheffield's said...

I LOVE YOU!