Thursday, August 13, 2009

Um, oops...Does that mean I'm a bad mom?

I am so not like my mom or any other mom out there right now. I forget to take first day of school photos of Ammon. He has been attending preschool for the past year and a half and is attending Pre-K this year with Kindergarten next year and I have not yet taken a first day of school photo. I have not gotten him new clothes or shoes for school nor did I get him a haircut for the first day of school. He is content with his Star Wars backpack from last year, his shaggy hair do, no photo session and the same clothes and shoes he has been wearing for months. I guess for some reason I just don't think about those things.

It's kind of like the whole Easter basket, Easter bunny, Easter egg hunt thing; yeah, we don't do that. It's just not something that I think about. It's also kind of like the whole Valentine's Day thing; yeah, we don't do anything there either. But hey, he dresses up for Halloween and we celebrate Christmas and his birthday for obvious reasons.

And to top it all off, if Ammon did not get photos taken at school every year we would likely not have the traditional yearly photo of our little boy. We got them done professionally when he was one, when he was two I took some of him in the back yard when he was three he got them taken at school and now that he's four he will get them taken at school again and then every year until graduation. Good planning huh?

Don't be jealous because I'm the greatest and most thoughtful mother in the universe! ;)
LOL

3 comments:

Taylor K said...

I'm going to send Ammon easter baskets.

Salcido Family said...

Thanks Tay, then maybe he'll feel like someone loves him. LOL

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

That doesn't make you a bad mom at all!! I didn't get first day of school pics when I grew up, and I'm totally ok with it! ha ha. You are a great mommy!