Friday, September 4, 2009

Feeling a bit guilty

I have been so focused on myself and my own pregnancy and how excited I am that we were finally able to get ourselves knocked up again that I have been neglecting to check on other friends as of late and I am sorry. I am also feeling terribly guilty because I have found out within the past few weeks that a couple of my friends that were also pregnant have lost their babies. One was just before her due date due to a terrible accident and another was already into her second trimester. Not only that, but I have had friends within the past few months and years that have lost their babies as well, as well as a few that have been having a hard time getting pregnant.  I feel guilty because I have been so happy and focused on me that I didn't even think to check in on my friends. I have now become nervous for myself and my other friends and family that are pregnant at this time because I think I have grasped how short and precious life really is and that there are greater things out there beyond our control.
I am so sorry to those of you that I have been too selfish to pay attention to recently. I really am a caring person, I have just been lacking in that department as of late. Please remind me to focus on someone other than myself when you know that I am guilty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Valorie you're an awesome friend. Pregnancy can be as difficult as it is joyous. I'm sorry to hear of your close friends having a hard times..I know when I go through tough times I kinda hide out too..so don't be too hard on yourself. I KNOW you're super, special, sweet! Your friends know too. Let them know you're near and they'll appreciate that simple fact. Nobody's going to tell you're a slacker cuz chances are we all are too.

corilee said...

Don't feel bad. Just be grateful that everything has gone well for you. Take it from somebody that also lost a baby in the last 6 months. You have a lot to be thankful for and take care of you!