I know this is going to offend people, but sometimes that happens because we all have opinions. I am still unsure of why there is a trend for women to take pictures of their pregnant bellies or for women to show them off with bare midriff maternity clothing. It grosses me out. Yes, being pregnant is amazing and it's a beautiful thing to have children, but I don't want to see your pregnant belly. I don't want to see it in pictures or while I am walking down the street.
This goes along with my beliefs about breast feeding in public, which will also offend people. I don't care to have you whip your breast out in public to feed your child. Yes, babies need to eat and sometimes you are out in public where it can't be helped. But for goodness sake, cover yourselves up ladies! I don't need to see your most personal moments with your child, whether they are still in the womb or nursing at your breast. I am not going to apologize for offending anyone because it's my opinion, just an opinion, no more, no less.
The funny thing about the whole thing is, we are often told not to be offended by what others do or say, but for some reason we don't think twice about being the offender. I wonder how often people get offended by the actions of someone else but but are equally offensive without another thought. This post for example, is offensive to some people, I am sure, but I am completely aware of that.
If you read this and are offended, remember the title of this post. I told you not to read it. :)
5 comments:
i'm offended. only because you hadn't said this before!
thank you very much! :)
I am not offended by ones opinions...but It does offend me when ppl dont wear deorderant...lol Val to each there own. More power to you for voicing your opinion...though I dont agree. I still heart ya!
Never apologize for a good rant. I loved it. And I think I'm with you on this whole pregnant belly thing. Tummies in general aren't very cute (unless you're a little kid). But I do have to tell you, my friend said she's paint an Easter egg on my belly (because I'll be pretty big at Easter) and the thought really made me laugh. Does that make it different?
I'm not the least bit offended!! I agree with all of that 100%!!!
I'm with you on this one... No need to show off your ever increasing stretch marks, nothing sexy about it... and there is never reason to bf without covering up in public. I did most of mine sitting in the back seat of my car in various parking lots, with tinted windows and I STILL covered up.
Post a Comment