Ammon has been scared to death of playing in water lately, namely sprinklers, kiddie pools, or any other fun water thing that most kids love. Yesterday we went to the neighbor's house for their little boy Austin's 3rd birthday party. They had a little kiddie pool and water balloons for the kids to have fun with. All of the kids were having a blast splashing around in the pool and throwing the water balloons. Ammon threw a couple balloons at the rocks to watch them pop. At one point he got splashed and ran into the house screaming to get a towel to wipe the water off of his leg.
Now I don't know if anyone has experienced this or not, but it's a little bit embarrassing to say the least. I do bathe the kid so he is used to getting wet with water.
In any case, after the party and after his nap his friend Connor came over to play. Then Connor's mom and I decided that it would be fun to take the boys swimming at their place. When we got there and into the pool area Ammon started to freak out and say, "No, Mama, go home. No, swimming. No, Mama, no." And so on and so forth. Some of you might be thinking I am mean at this point by getting him in the pool, oh well.
To make this long story short, by the time we left the pool last night Ammon was kicking his legs and moving his arms to swim around in the pool. He was jumping off of the side of the pool into the water and he did not want to leave. All in all I think it was a good experience for him. Now we just need to get him some little arm floaties.
2 comments:
Been there done that with Tyler. Same age. Some how they learn to be freaked out by water. Just keep working with him and it will be over in no time.
I don't think you were mean at all to make him get in... sounds like it was the right thing to do.
Post a Comment