Friday, May 2, 2008

Date Night

So DJ and I finally had our date night last night. After plans, attempts and failures we were finally able to go out on a date without a preschooler tagging along. Not that we don't severely LOVE that preschooler, because we do. It was just nice to be able to stay out as late as our bodies would allow us.
DJ and I went to the RUSH concert last night at Desert Sky. For those of you that listen to RUSH, I can totally understand why...likewise I can totally understand those of you that don't listen to them (Geddy Lee's voice is not the best). They put on a fantastic show!
We got there shortly before the concert was to start at 8:00 pm and picked out our places on the lawn in the section for no smoking or drinking (aka us). Anyway, we stood and watched the first half of the show on the lawn, while briefly stepping out to take a bathroom break and grab some souvenirs. DJ bought a T-shirt and I got a long sleeved thermal top because yes, I was cold on the evening of May 1, 2008. Don't judge me because of it though I can't handle the cold weather. Just like a good friend of mine, cold weather makes me want to die...
Moving on.
When we got back to our lawn seats RUSH decided to take a brief intermission. As they said, "We are not Spring Chickens anymore and need to take a break." They certainly were right about the Spring Chicken thing. But I digress.
While waiting for the intermission to end we hear our names being yelled from somewhere in the crowd. I was thinking, "Could there really be another couple out here named DJ and Valorie?" In any case, it was our friend Weston Whitaker from the "Good Old College Days" that was calling us from the very last row of seats. Oh, how nice it would have been to sit in a seat, right? As we were talking to Wes two guys walked up to us and wanted fight us...just kidding. No, but for reals though. These two guys walked up to us and told us that they were leaving and asked if DJ and I would like to have their tickets in the 5th row from the stage!
Of course we took them up on that offer and were no longer sitting in the cheap seats. We enjoyed the rest of the show down in the front. The concert was truly enjoyable and it was nice being there with the man that I love. Now that being said, I don't recommend going out and buying the RUSH CDs and stuff, but try to listen to something besides this YouTube clip. They are truly very enjoyable live.

2 comments:

WesDevil said...

Hey guys! Great to see you last night! It's always fun to run into people that have a special place in your heart! Take care and let's not be strangers! Rock on!

Homer Family said...

Sounds like you had a really fun date night. I can totally relate to the never being able to find time to go out. The last one we had plannned Ethan was sick that night and then on for a week. I am glad your night went so well.