Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Perks of Being a Mother

This morning I had the privilege of cleaning up urine from almost every exposed surface in our master bathroom. I now know the full extent of bad aim from the male species. It begins in toddler/preschool years and just does not get any better when they are older. This morning Ammon came into our bathroom to use it while I was still lying in bed. I heard him start to pee, only I did not hear any urine hitting the water. That was the first bad sign that things had gone awry. The next thing I hear is he starts to cry. (He gets upset when he doesn't pee in the water.)
So, I jump out of bed and run into the bathroom...and yes, there is urine pretty much all over the place. But kudos to Ammon for using the toilet on his own. He hardly ever asks for my help anymore and that is great! Only, that means that my baby is growing up and I can see in later years that he won't want his mama around...boo hoo. Oh, and I get to clean up urine a lot! :)

2 comments:

ctarbet said...

I can totally relate, I have three boys in the house, and cleaning behind and around the toilet is the worst! Glad he's doing well and doesn't ask for help. :)

Family of Disney said...

Have you tried the Cherrios in the bowl trick, sometimes it helps with the aim!