Monday, January 23, 2012

Family Time Downtown

Saturday we took the opportunity to visit downtown and see the Capitol building. Because Hailey is a spaz we decided to do the self-guided tour. It was a gorgeous day so we enjoyed the capital indoors and out.




The Capitol had some really cool architecture and design elements that you could miss if you passed by too fast.





It seems like it may be bigger than the Capitol in Washington D.C., which could be the case, after all everything IS bigger in Texas. In any case, we got to go up a few floors and actually walk into the dome and look down at the ground floor from above. It was cool even though I have an extreme fear of heights and realized that I get a little bit of vertigo, so I stay away from the edge and I especially DO NOT take a photo! I did get on my hands and knees and take a look down at the library from above though. That was good enough for me. :)







After taking our self-tour of the building we went outside to take a few minutes for the kids to run around, play and chase squirrels. I took the liberty to take a few photos, I'm a mom after all, it's allowed.


Oh yeah, my city is better than your city! ;)

1 comment:

Clarissa Jane said...

what?! your baby is a spaz?! giggle.

p.s. ANY city is better than this "city!!"