This year I started four different versions of our Christmas card and ended up with two final designs because I just couldn't make up my mind which one I liked the best out of the two. I'll put the other two designs at the bottom of the letter so you can see what I started with, if you cared. :)
Merry Christmas Friends and Family!
This year has seen a LOT of changes for us. As most or all of you know, we moved to Austin, Texas shortly after the start of this year. It was a huge deal for Daniel and a big deal for Valorie and the kids as well. Daniel had lived in Arizona his entire life so he was leaving behind all of his friends and family that he had been around for thirty-something years. Ammon and Hailey had been in Arizona their entire lives as well... And Valorie was leaving behind friends and family that she had been around for the past fifteen years.
The big trek south and east went well. Valorie's dad helped drive the moving truck and the van as we made our way to the GIANT state of Texas. Too soon after we got to Texas it snowed and Ammon didn't have school, not because the snow was so deep, but because there was no electricity and it was COLD!
2011 in a Nutshell
We found out we were pregnant with a surprise baby #3 only to miscarry shortly afterward. We discovered a park that has life-sized dinosaurs
and Ammon turned six.
Ammon had his first Texas rodeo in his Kindergarten class.
We went to the Texas State Fair and Rodeo
and discovered some unreal beauty outside our front door,
something we never experienced in the desert southwest of Arizona. We toured the Collins Guitar Factory and Daniel celebrated his thirty-something birthday.
We rode the train at Zilker Park and Valorie won some tickets to Disney on Ice - Princess Wishes (getting up early to drive Ammon to school and listening to the radio pays off sometimes).
Auntie Charlotte gives the best haircuts and Ammon got a really awesome haircut for the first time in his life (since Aunt Cyndi cut it when he was 9 months old), Valorie always cuts his hair and well, it's a mom job.
Ammon graduated from Kindergarten,
we discovered geckos in our kitchen
and we took a trip to the beach.
Ammon grew a fat mustache,
Hailey fattened her lip
school started again and Daniel went to New York City for the first time. There were new dinosaurs at The Dinosaur Park,
we dressed up for Halloween
and Daniel played in a rock band. We had turkey for Thanksgiving
and the halls are decked for Christmas.
This year has definitely been new, scary, fun and exciting for us. Daniel and Valorie are celebrating ten years of marriage this month! It's been trying at times being so far away from our friends and family but to know that we are loved is awesome. Know that we love you all and that we think of you often. We hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a safe and happy New Year. Spend time with your loved ones and let them know how much they mean to you.
With love,
The Salcido's
I don't know, maybe I'll keep these designs for future use? Reduce, Reuse, Recycle ;)













6 comments:
love the new design and love the cards -- are these all just cool things you can do with your mac? and what program?
love you!
have a blast in AZ!! xoxo
Amazing! If you lived closer to TN I would come and visit you and then you could blog about me next year! Love you!
Loved the cards. Have a great Christmas Season!
Love, love, love the cards... and I think I may steal the idea of a newsletter on my blog... Have a great Christmas and a wonderful New Year! :)
Clarissa, Photoshop.
Autumn, steal it, it's cheaper than postage stamps. I used to email our letter and card but a few years back started to put it on my blog. Our parents, grandmas and siblings are the only ones that get a "real" copy. ;)
Great letter! Love it!
Post a Comment