Anyway, I've recently realized that I'm too worried about myself all the time. Every time I look at FB or my email there are no messages from my friends, so I feel sorry for myself and think that everyone in AZ has forgotten about us and I've got no friends left because I don't know anyone here in TX (with the exception of my very busy older sister). What I failed to realize was that everyone has their own problems. Some problems can be seen because they are physical, while others can not be seen because they are mental or spiritual. Everyone has their own struggles and it's important for me to realize that the world doesn't revolve around me or my issues. I've also realized that most people who "show" you how perfect their lives are (i.e. perfectly manicured and behaved spouse, self, home and children) have the biggest skeletons in their closets. I will never try to show anyone that my life is perfect because it certainly isn't, but it's perfect for me.
My life, in a nutshell:
I raise my voice when I'm upset (yes, I do get upset), sometimes I swear (not to anyones face) and sometimes I even shut myself in my room and give myself a time-out. My hair isn't always done and my makeup is rarely if ever done. I don't dress in fancy clothes or even new clothes for that matter and most of my shopping has been done at Target, Kohl's or Wal*Mart. I sing "Old MacDonald" several times a day with my precious little girl. I struggle with my son to get his homework done for 1st grade because he says, "I know how to do it. I don't need help!", when he does need my help. I struggle with a toddler that is into and climbs onto EVERYTHING! My kitchen and living room are usually always clean but my bathrooms are typically a disaster. I do my grocery shopping every two weeks and I never save $200 and only spend $30 because I'm the master of coupons. I struggle with my weight and have since I can remember; however, I believe I'm now winning that struggle. I go to church with my two children in tow nearly every Sunday and sit alone. I stress about money. I worry that everything I do is never good enough for most anyone but especially myself.
Basically, I am lunatic and my life is a messy, wonderful, amazing and adventurous one. The things that make this life worth living are not things or the lack of things, they are the people in my life that I love and that love me in return (even the ones that don't love me in return).
3 comments:
wow your life sounds very similar to mine. . . except I don't swear ;) Thanks for putting what we all think on paper. oh by the way I love how people have husbands who "behave" that like was awesome
AMEN!
we are waaaaaaayy to similar -- maybe that is why we are sisters. or maybe we are similar because we are sisters...
eehh, either way, i love you and i know how you feel. WAY know how you feel.
(and yes, I swear too.)
If you remember me, I like to think I'm still you AZ friend. And very little is perfect about my life too! And I love your honesty. I wrote a blog post about why I love taking bad pictures and putting them on the Internet. Because that is jus who I am and how I look! I think you are great!
Post a Comment