I just recently realized that the last post I put on here was at Christmas and several of you might not even know that we moved to Austin, Texas at the beginning of January.
So much has happened since then that I'm sure I'll forget some things that need to be included, I'll leave out all the gory details and just tell you the fun stuff so here goes:
Our last Christmas in Arizona was nice and it was great to be able to spend time with friends and family before we left.
Hailey celebrated her first birthday just after we got here.
As you can see, she really enjoyed her pink cake.
Ammon celebrated his fifth birthday just after that.
There is a lot to do outdoors here in Austin. More than Phoenix, of course, but that's mostly because in Phoenix you don't want to be outside most months out of the year. I blame it on the heat, smog, heat, dust storms and heat. We found this great dinosaur park that has full-sized replicas of dinosaurs! Not just dino skeletons, which are cool too, but dinosaurs for real. It's a cool nature walk out in the woods and the trail leads you on a hunt for dinosaurs. The Dinosaur Park is just outside of Bastrop, TX so if you're in the area you should check it out.
The kids have a nice time, especially Ammon and his obsession with dinosaurs. He'd have a dinosaur for a pet if he could.
Ammon's new school is great! He loves it there and so do I. His teacher is wonderful and the way they get kids and parents involved is awesome too. He got to have a Kindergarten Rodeo and go to ride a pony for the first time. He grew a wicked awesome mustache and goatee for the occasion. I think it makes him look like a genuine caballero.
DJ and I got to out out and have some fun too. (Sure is nice living close to babysitters, aka family.) We got to see a chick band that does cover songs and dang those girls can rock!! They are called Guilty Pleasures and they really are. Very talented and enjoyable to see and listen to.
We got to attend the Texas State Fair and Rodeo here in Austin. Ammon got to be a little hamster in a ball
and ride a pony.
Since there was an empty pony at the start of the ride Hailey got to ride too, for free.
The views in our neighborhood are just gorgeous! Just down our street is a huge park
with the river running down the side of it.
It's lovely and peaceful, you know you want to be here.
Hailey threw her first fit and got put in her room. She was so upset she was screaming and pounding on the door (oh, the joys of a little girl) but apparently I won this battle...
We got some fish. Ammon named them Bob, yes, I said THEM. This is a picture of Big Bob and Little Bob. Little Bob was the goldfish that Ammon won at the fair, he needed a companion so we bought Billy, Bob killed Billy. So we bought another Billy and another Bob, Bobs killed Billy. Billy won't be getting replaced.
Hailey just loves her brother to death. She will follow him around and hold on to him. Here he is trying to play the Wii with Hailey attached to his leg.
We got to take a tour of the Collings Guitar Factory. Their guitars are amazing, unique and had made so they are VERY expensive. We could afford the free tour but unless we were rich like one guy on the tour (had 10 of their guitars, I think he said) we will have to save up for a LONG time to afford one of those. Why do rich people dress so horribly? Um, I digress, that's another subject for another time.
Ammon doesn't want to go back to Arizona, he tells me that all the time. This cute note came home from his teacher last week.
I won some tickets to Disney On Ice - Princess Wishes by being the 9th caller to a local radio station. It was a cool experience and a very cool production.
I'm glad the tickets were free because the souvenirs were not.
But they are fun and cute.
I hope ya'll enjoyed reading this most recent update. I now realize why people blog more often, because their lives are more exciting. Just kidding. It actually does take a long time to upload a lot of photos so maybe I'll blog more often from now on...or maybe I just won't include any photos. We'll see. ;)










5 comments:
Looks like you guys are loving it in Texas! I love the neighborhood park/river. So jealous!
I'm so glad things are going well for you in Texas. Cabel and I were talking this morning about wanting to go to Phoenix for a visit since we know so many people there and I brought up your name and automatically remembered that you moved! Not that I'll be going to Phoenix anytime soon, but still! Anyway, it looks like you all have been having a great time! YAY!
can't wait to be closer!! :)
It was nice to see an update. Looks like you are happy and having fun! Alicia
wow you are up to so much fun!
Post a Comment