Ammon got to ride the bus to school for the first time this year. I kept my word. He was going to be allowed to ride the bus, but only if he asked to first. So, he asked the second day of school because every kid in his class except for him rode the bus to school. And if Zacharih rides the bus, then Ammon wants to ride the bus too.
In any case, I rode to school with him the first day and DJ picked me up from the school. I was hoping that the ride home would not be fun for him because I would not be with him and he would not want to ride the bus again.
Alas, all does not work out according to Mama's plan. Ammon loved the bus ride. He even fell asleep on the ride home and was excited to ride the bus to and from school the next day. Am I supposed to cry or be super excited that my only baby is growing up? I'm not sure about that one, so for now, I will be a little bit sad with a side of excitement.
6 comments:
It starts at such a young age! They are ready to be independent before we're ready for them to be.
He already rides the bus??? How did he grow up so fast!! He's so adorable!
I love this story! Our kids are growing up faster than we want most of the time! :) By the way sorry I haven't commented before for some reason I couldn't get through to your blog tell now (I'm sure because of my lack of computer skills, but my skills get better everyday :) Keep the stories coming
Val! Hi there. Vanessa Billy here. Thanks to you and many other friends I'm ready to blog. I have enjoyed reading your blog and have finally started one up this weekend. Love reading about you guys! I feel like I've been right across the street all along. Love watching Ammon grow!
Mason is so jealous each time he sees Ammon get on the bus! ;) BTW, I tagged you from my blog!
Why do you have to pick between crying and being super excited? When our babies get on the bus for the first time, alone, it's exciting, scary, and sad for the Mommy. Our job is to worry and protect them and be happy for their successes (which include growing up)... You can cry and be excited for him at the same time! Congrats on having such a big boy!
Post a Comment