Monday, August 11, 2008

Our Little Boy

I just have to mention how darling our little Ammon is.
Ammon and I went to visit my parents for a few days this weekend because it is my mom's birthday on Tuesday and Ammon has to go to school and DJ has to work so visiting on Tuesday would not happen.
Anyway, we got up there Friday night and then went out to dinner. After dinner when we were at my parents house Ammon was dragging Grandpa all over the place. Grandpa was very tired because he had gotten up early and worked all day, etc., etc. My dad went into his room to lie down and go to sleep and Ammon still wanted to play. My dad then told Ammon, "Grandpa is very tired and is going to go night night." Our son, our Ammon, our little baby, grabs Grandpa's hand, sings "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" to him, gives him a kiss and walks out of the room shutting the door behind him.
I had an inkling that we had, but was not positive until that very moment that we have raised a compassionate and loving child. I love being a parent and it's moments like this that make all of the hard time melt away.
On a side note, a quote from me that I never thought that I would say as a mother, yet did this same weekend:
"No, we do not stab Grandpa with our knife and fork!"

No comments: