Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!


It has been a seemingly short but great year for our family. Ammon turned two at the beginning of February and is, obviously, going to turn three soon. It seems like he was just a newborn. We have settled in nicely in our new house that we moved into in March of 2006. I have even taken it upon myself to do some decorating. I think that my choice of colors turned out very nicely. DJ and I will be celebrating six years of marriage this month. Has it really been that long? Man, I'm getting old!
DJ is still working at Phoenix Children's Hospital in the Respiratory Department as a supervisor. He works twelve hour nights throughout the week and is very busy. In his free time he still very much likes to sing, write and play music. He has even gotten reacquainted with a friend from high school that comes over to sing with him. She has a set of pipes like Martina McBride. They sing beautifully together. Plus, Ammon gets to play with her little girl Abby while they are here.
I quit my job teaching at Mountain View High School in Mesa at the end of the 2006-2007 school year. I am now loving it at home being a wife and mother. Who could ask for a better job? I now get paid in hugs and kisses, which are priceless. In my spare time I still enjoy making DVDs and playing around with other computer technology.
Ammon is getting taller and smarter every day. It is amazing watching our child grow. I now know what my parents were talking about when they said that we grew up too fast. He loves to do puzzles, finger paint, color and make messes. His favorite thing in the world, besides his daddy and mommy, are his trucks and his trains. He has recently discovered monster trucks and loves Grave Digger, just like his grandpa. He likes to read books all day long as long as there is a truck or a train in there somewhere. He enjoys Mickey Mouse Club House and Little Einsteins too. He is a great kid and loves to help out around the house. He likes to help me do the laundry and dusting, he even does not mind cleaning up his own room! He likes to go to the gym and play with the other kids as well as go to preschool...when I actually bring him.
We have had such a great year. We try to get out and see the grandparents as often as we can on DJ's days off from work. All of my sisters came into town for my mom's birthday. It was the first time we had all been together in five years and it was awesome. In August we got our Basset Hound that we named Sniglet. She recently graduated from her puppy training class, with honors I am pretty sure. We got to take a vacation to Disneyland in October right before Halloween. Just when you think you picked the perfect time of year to miss the crowds Disney decides to have a special Halloween celebration. Oh well, it was a blast anyway. Ammon got to meet some of his favorite characters including Buzz Lightyear, Bullseye, and Louie (Ammon's pronunciation of Woody). He even got to ride on the Gadget Coaster in Toon Town. He loved it because he thought that it was a fast train. We took a drive up the PCH which was not really that exciting, but Ammon got to see a huge train and boat shipping yard.
We are enjoying every minute that we have together. Ammon is enjoying very much being an only child and getting all of the attention. We wish you and your families all the best! Have a very Merry Christmas and a fantastic holiday season.
With Love,
DJ, Valorie & Ammon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blogs! I have had NO time to do much of anything since getting a job. You know how that goes, I'm sure. So that's my lame excuse for not getting our cards out. I did attempt to make some.. so hopefully I'll get those done and out before the New Year! ha! I did get your Christmas card and LOVE LOVE LOVE the photo! You guys make such a lovely family. I miss you guys too and hope sometime soon- we can get together and EAT! :) Love ya tons.. and keep having fun!
Vanessa

Anonymous said...

"preschool...when I actually bring him."

You sound like me! I'm not like most mommies, I guess. Preschool just isn't the most important thing in the world to me, especially when my daughter's only 3! Who cares if she doesn't know all her ABCs yet!? I just want her to spend some time socializing with people outside of the family.

Anyway. I hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!