I hope everyone had a joyous and memorable holiday season. I, for one, ate way too much sugary food and was way too lazy. Ammon was a little bit ill so I did not go to the gym for a week and I am feeling the urge to go back. Ammon also has not been able to go to preschool, no sense in getting him sicker or getting the other kids sick (he is probably sick because of them to begin with).
Other than a sick little guy our holiday was fantastic! On Christmas Eve night, Santa Claus dropped by for a visit with Ammon and also stopped by our neighbors on both sides of us to see Ammon's friends Mason, Austin, and Damion. It was great. Ammon was a little bit afraid of Santa. I don't think he was expecting to see Santa show up at his door step. Santa brought him a red monster truck that he had seen in the store earlier that day...
We spent Christmas day with my parents and DJ's parents and sister. My parents stayed at our place and woke up with us Christmas morning. They did that last year too and it was a ton of fun! It's nice to have people come over to our house instead of us having to do all the traveling on the holidays. We opened presents together and then DJ's sister Cat came over. We had a french toast casserole for breakfast that was delicious! Then we headed down to Oracle to see my in-laws while my parents went to see Mom's family. Ammon had a blast, even though he did not feel well. He usually goes outside to play while we are in Oracle, but the wind and cold were horrendous.
We took down all of our decorations and lights yesterday, which was kind of an ordeal. It is really sad that it takes so long to put everything up and then so little time to take it all down. It is pretty nice having the house back to ourselves without the holiday clutter hanging around. I love the holidays, but I love to have my house clean and in order.
DJ and I also celebrated our sixth wedding anniversary yesterday. We went out on a date (with Ammon in tow of course) and had dinner at Caffe Boa in Tempe. It is a tradition to go there every year on our anniversary, thank goodness the restaurant is bigger than it was back in the day. After dinner we took a drive around ASU campus where DJ and I first met. We drove because it was WAY too cold outside to walk around. ASU has done and so much and is doing so much construction that I can hardly recognize the university I graduated from just seven years ago. The LDS institute building that DJ and I met at twelve years ago has since been torn down and a new HUGE institute building put in its place.
It was nice to drive down memory lane and talk about all of our friends and the fun times we had back then. It's nice to be able to have someone that I can share those memories with. Until our next blog is published...I wish you all the very best.
No comments:
Post a Comment