Sunday, November 11, 2007

Aaahhhh....

We have been home for a little over a week and busy as ever. We had Halloween with a nice neighborhood party and trick-or-treating to follow. The next day we took Sniglet into the vet to get spayed and we took family pictures. Then DJ had to work another day and then we had a couple of days to recuperate from our vacation. We had a great time at the Arizona State Fair with Grandma, Grandpa, Val, Elizabeth and Cooper. Ammon and Cooper love each other to death! They have so much fun together! It is so much fun to watch them play together, even though they are about two years apart they really have a special friendship. We all enjoyed the biggest White Trash sport around, the Wreck 'em Derby. It was a blast! DJ and I had never seen one before...I can see why people enjoy them. It was very amusing to watch. Ammon loved the cars crashing into one another over and over again.
November is finally upon us with the cooler weather that we so much deserve this time of year. I had been waiting for the cool-down in October, but that never came. Thanksgiving is already coming here in the next couple weeks. Where has this year gone to? Ammon will be three in only three short months and with the time going as fast as it is, he will be three tomorrow. DJ is putting more hours in at work getting ready for the Christmas season where we all spend far too much money on things we don't need...but sharing them with Ammon is so much fun to do. Like I have said in the past and some of you have heard, "My son my be spoiled, but he is NOT going to be a brat!"
Ammon and I took a trip to the zoo the other day with my friend Jan and had a great time. We even got to pet the stingrays as they swam by. I do have to say that Ammon and Jan were a lot braver than I was. Jan even told me that the stingrays would come up to your hand and try to suction food from your hand, whether it was there or not. I guess I am still a little weary from my stingray encounter in Mexico in 2000. (If you don't know that story, I'll tell you about it in another blog.) The sharks in the tank were pretty elusive so we did not get to pet any sharks...bummer. Ammon got to see the little spider monkeys up close and personal and he loved it.
And of course we have gone back to the train park. That is probably Ammon's favorite thing to do in the whole world. DJ and Ammon both had to wear their Incredibles shirts and they looked cute. They are quite a pair.
We hope that everyone of you has a great Thanksgiving Holiday and that you get to spend time with your families.

No comments: