Time to update the family blog you say? I guess so.
It's been a while since I just sat at the computer long enough to write anything of interest for our blog. I have sat long enough to balance the check book and once I even paid the bills, but pretty much DJ has been picking up all of my slack lately. Thank you Honey.
I have so very much been enjoying my time by myself as of late that blogging has not been a priority, however, I do know that family and friends would like an update from the Salcido's once in a while so here goes. Ammon is watching a movie and Hailey is asleep so I am going to bore you as much as possible.
Not much beyond the daily routine of feeding a baby, changing diapers, washing bottles, washing blankets and onesies and everything else that has been spit-up on or pooped on, making sure the boy is fed and bathed and doing well has been going on around our house. Whew! That was the worst sentence I have ever written in my life I am pretty sure. As a former English teacher I should really be ashamed of myself but I kinda don't care. :)
The kids are doing great.
Ammon turned five in February just after Hailey was born. We had a small party for him at our house with his cousins, grandparents, and of course his neighbor friends. We usually have his parties at the train park but with a newborn in the house we just weren't going to do that this year. It was the first year that I didn't make him his cake, which essentially meant that his cake looked good this year.
He had a transformers themed birthday party and we made it a huge deal by getting him his first bicycle. Yes, I did say that right. He got his first bicycle at the age of five when probably most of the kids his age are already riding without training wheels. What can I say? But he loves his bike, as you can tell by the look on his face.
He is still attending preschool and is now enrolled for Kindergarten in the Fall. He is getting so big! He is also such a HUGE help with Hailey. He can't get enough of his baby sister. Sometimes we even have to tell him to leave her alone. He is the best big brother and we are so proud of him. He is such a great kid.
Hailey is now two months old and she has already been to the Arizona Museum of Natural History, the Library (a couple times), the McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park (several times), The Arizona Railway Museum, and the Adobe Western Railroad.
I guess those trips weren't really for her though. She is not really a good napper during the day but she does sleep at night, which is fine because I would rather have her sleeping at night than all day long and staying awake all night long. I would like her to nap better during the day but we can't all be perfect now can we?
That's really all I have to report right now. Maybe you'll have to wait a few more months for another post...and maybe not. We'll see. :)


3 comments:
i LOVE his face on that bike!! it's so priceless!!
Happy Belated Ammon! It sounds like you guys are doing good. Thanks for the update.
I had Billy come look at the cake and bike and I'm pretty sure he is jealous!!! Yep he is pouting right now saying he wants a cake like that! Thanks a lot! :) happy birthday Ammon and holy cow she is beautiful!!
Post a Comment