I love being a wife and mother! I find myself getting better at it every day...of course I do have my moments. Potty training Ammon is not going much better than before, but all in all it's not too bad. He really likes to get stickers and cookies for going to the bathroom on the toilet. But, just like crawling and walking...he does not seem too interested. I guess when he is totally ready he will just do it. I have decided that there is no reason to push him. After all, he is still my baby and I don't really want him to grow up.
Ammon is going to turn three in less than a week and I think that pretty much means that I am getting old...
In any case, he is getting bigger and it is amazing to watch him grow.
In a couple of weeks Ammon is going to have an evaluation for his speech and language skills through Mesa Public Schools. As a parent I am always told, "Don't compare your child to other kids," but I am not sure that is the best in all cases. Ammon is super smart and remembers things that amaze me, but he does not speak as clearly as kids his same age and younger. He still gets frustrated because we don't always understand what he is saying. That is not a problem when he sits quietly and does his puzzles and (like his grandpa and Uncle Val) takes things apart and puts them back together.
I enjoy watching him learn and grow. He likes to go to the gym with me and play in the kids center. He always runs in there to give the ladies hugs. It's nice to see when other adults like your kid too.
We took Ammon to his first monster truck show on Saturday the 26th and we all had a blast. I am turning my Mexican husband and our 1/2 Mexican son in to rednecks!! Oh the power I have! :) We went to the show with Grandpa and our neighbors Nate & Brenda and their two boys Damion & Austin. Ammon love those boys and they love him. They have so much fun playing together.
You can check out the other videos that we took of the show on YouTube...if you feel so inclined to join in the redneck fun times!
Nothing else too much exciting is going on around our home. We are just kickin' it here as usual and staying healthy and happy.
1 comment:
Sounds like Ammon is a lot like my son Spencer, super smart, scary memory, loves to explore and take things apart, wants to know EVERYTHING... He is speech-delayed and has been making huge progress since he started the program 1.5 years ago. May I suggest that you have a complete evaluation done on him, not just the speech and language. It's really hard to get back in to do the additional testing done once they do initial testing. I know because we did Speech testing and now that he is in Kindergarten, he is showing signs of a processing disorder (which may have something to do with the speech-delay) but the school is fighting me on the additional testing because it was not part of his original testing and he has already been diagnosed as speech-delayed. It's such a pain, I wish someone had told me to request the full work up from the beginning. Anyway, we've been through the frustrations of parents not understanding, I started telling him that I just didn't hear him, instead of telling him that I didn't understand. That was less frustrating. Anyway, I know what you're going through and I hope he qualifies for services, because getting help is better than being on the boarder and getting no help!! Good luck.
Post a Comment